Change the font / size of row and column headings in Excel
When you use the Excel workbook, have you ever tried to change the font or size of row and column headings to make the headings bigger or more beautiful as following screenshots shown? In fact, Excel provides some tricks for you to solve this task.
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately. 60-day Unlimited Free Trial
With the Styles feature, you can change the font and size of the row and column headings to your desired.
1. Activate the workbook that you want to change its row and column headings font and size.
2. Go to click Home tab, and in the Styles group, right click Normal, and choose Modify from the context menu to open the Style dialog, or you can also open this dialog by pressing Alt + ’(single quote) keys on the keyboard.
3. In the Style dialog box, click Format button, see screenshot:
4. And in the popped out Format Cells dialog box, choose the font, styles and size as you like under Font tab, see screenshot:
5. Then click OK > OK to close the dialogs, and the font and size of your row and column headings have been changed.
Note: This operation cannot use undo button.
In Excel, you can also apply the Fonts feature under Page Layout to change only the font of the row and column headings.
1. Click Page Layout, and in the Themes group, click Fonts and choose one font you like from the drop down list. See screenshot:
And only your font of the row and column headings have been changed.
Note: The above two methods are only applied to the current workbook.