Change the font / size of row and column headings in Excel
When you use the Excel workbook, have you ever tried to change the font or size of row and column headings to make the headings bigger or more beautiful as following screenshots shown? In fact, Excel provides some tricks for you to solve this task.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
With the Styles feature, you can change the font and size of the row and column headings to your desired.
1. Activate the workbook that you want to change its row and column headings font and size.
2. Go to click Home tab, and in the Styles group, right click Normal, and choose Modify from the context menu to open the Style dialog, or you can also open this dialog by pressing Alt + ’(single quote) keys on the keyboard.
3. In the Style dialog box, click Format button, see screenshot:
4. And in the popped out Format Cells dialog box, choose the font, styles and size as you like under Font tab, see screenshot:
5. Then click OK > OK to close the dialogs, and the font and size of your row and column headings have been changed.
Note: This operation cannot use undo button.
In Excel, you can also apply the Fonts feature under Page Layout to change only the font of the row and column headings.
1. Click Page Layout, and in the Themes group, click Fonts and choose one font you like from the drop down list. See screenshot:
And only your font of the row and column headings have been changed.
Note: The above two methods are only applied to the current workbook.