Change the font / size of row and column headings in Excel
When you use the Excel workbook, have you ever tried to change the font or size of row and column headings to make the headings bigger or more beautiful as following screenshots shown? In fact, Excel provides some tricks for you to solve this task.
With the Styles feature, you can change the font and size of the row and column headings to your desired.
1. Activate the workbook that you want to change its row and column headings font and size.
2. Go to click Home tab, and in the Styles group, right click Normal, and choose Modify from the context menu to open the Style dialog, or you can also open this dialog by pressing Alt + ’(single quote) keys on the keyboard.
3. In the Style dialog box, click Format button, see screenshot:
4. And in the popped out Format Cells dialog box, choose the font, styles and size as you like under Font tab, see screenshot:
5. Then click OK > OK to close the dialogs, and the font and size of your row and column headings have been changed.
Note: This operation cannot use undo button.
In Excel, you can also apply the Fonts feature under Page Layout to change only the font of the row and column headings.
1. Click Page Layout, and in the Themes group, click Fonts and choose one font you like from the drop down list. See screenshot:
And only your font of the row and column headings have been changed.
Note: The above two methods are only applied to the current workbook.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!