How to add a digital signature in Excel?
When you send a worksheet to others, you may want to add or insert your own digital signature into it to show some information about you or your company. Now, I tell you how to add a digital signature in a worksheet.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Before you add the signature into worksheet, you need to upload your own signature picture to your computer. Then you can follow the below steps to add the digital signature in Excel.
1. Open the worksheet you want to add digital signature, and make sure that all the data won’t be changed anymore.
2. Then place the cursor in a blank cell where is near the location you want to add the digital signature at.
3. Click Insert > Signature Line > Microsoft Office Signature Line on the ribbon. See screenshot:
In Excel 2007 and 2010, a warning dialog box will pop up after clicking Microsoft Office Signature Line. Just check the option of Don’t show this message again, and click the OK button to go ahead.
4. Then a Signature Setup dialog pops up, and please do as follow:
Type your name into the Suggested signer text box;
Type your title into the Suggested signer’s title text box;
Type your email address into Suggested signer’s e-mail address text box;
Check the Allow the signer to add comment in theSigndialog box if you want to add comments in your signature;
Check Show sign date in signature line if you want to show the date you make the signature. See screenshot:
5. Click OK to close the Signature Setup dialog box. Then you can see Excel adds a signature line graphic object in the vicinity of the cell you place the cursor at in step 2 with a big X that contains your name and title. See screenshot:
6. Double click the signature line graphic object, and it opens a Get a Digital ID dialog, you can select the ID type you want, here I check Create your own digital ID. See screenshot:
Note: In Excel 2013, you cannot create your own digital ID. The only way for you is to click the Yes button in the Get a Digital ID dialog, and then buy or download a Digital ID. Otherwise, click the No button to exit. See screen shot below:
7. Click OK, and then type you own information into the text boxes in the Create a Digital ID dialog and click Create. See screenshot:
8. In the Sign dialog, click Select Image to select your own signature image and upload it. See screenshots:
9. Click Sign to close the dialog. Now you can see your own signature has been added into the worksheet.
Note: After adding the signature, you cannot edit the data anymore, otherwise, the signature will be removed.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoThanks for posting. I have been trying to work out how to do this for quite a few days. I finally decided to look for some help! This is a really good tutorial, I also found the following really helpful for working out how to add signatures into Excel. goo.gl/XoYauS