How to disable save prompt when close workbook?
Every time you close an Excel file without saving, there is a save prompt pops out for you to confirm if close without saving or not, which may annoy you. Now I introduce some VBA codes for you to disable the save prompt when you closing a workbook.
Here I introduce two VBA codes for you to disable the save prompt. One will close the Excel without saving when you close the workbook directly, while the other will close the Excel with saving the last change you make when you close workbook.
1. Press Alt + F11 to open a Microsoft Visual Basic for Application window.
2. Click Insert > Module to open a Module window, then copy the following VBA to the window.
VBA: Close without saving directly.
Sub Auto_Close() ThisWorkbook.Saved = True End Sub
3. Click Run button or F5 key on the keyboard to run this code. Then when you closing an Excel workbook, it will close directly and not saving the last change.
If you want to close the Excel with saving the changes, you can use this VBA code.
VBA: Close with saving.
Sub Auto_Close() If ThisWorkbook.Saved = False Then ThisWorkbook.Save End If End Sub
Note: The second VBA doesn't work with new workbooks that you have never saved before.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!