How to automatically insert a decimal point to number in Excel?
Supposing you need to type multiple numbers that each one has two decimal numbers as shown as below, it will be time-waste if you type the decimal point manually. Now, I tell you a quick way to insert decimal point to number in a specific place automatically in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To insert decimal point automatically, you need to go to Options to set the decimal place.
1. Open Excel and click File (in Excel 2007, click Office button) > Options. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Option dialog, click Advanced in the left pane. See screen shot:
3. Then in the right section, find the Automatically insert a decimal point check box in the Editing options group, then check it, and specify the decimal number in the Places list. See screenshot:
4. Click OK to close the dialog. Then when you type numbers into Excel, the decimal point will be inserted automatically. See screenshot:
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoPeki özel sütun/satırlar için yapma şansımız yok mu? Her sütun farklı ondalık kullanmak zorundayım çünkü.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoThanks a lot