How to show trend line in chart only in Excel?
As we all know, trend line can obviously display the trend of the data in a nearly future, and sometimes, we just need to show the trend line in chart only for more conveniently view and study. So now I will tell you how to show trend line in chart only in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
If you want to show trend line in a chart only, you just need add trendline for this chart firstly, and then hide original data series (color bricks) from the chart.
In Excel 2007/2010
1. Select the data series (the blue bricks) in the chart, right click and select the Add Trendline from the context menu. And then specify a trendline type and click the Close button in the popping up Format Trendline dialog.
Note: Users can’t add the trendline for pie charts in Microsoft Excel.
2. Select the series in the chart, and right click to show the context menu, then click Format Data Series. See screenshot:
3. In the Format Data Series dialog, click Fill in the left pane, and then check No fill, and click Border Color in the left pane, then check No line.
4. Click Close to close the dialog, now only trend line showed in the chart.
In Excel 2013
1. Add trendline with right clicking the data series (color bricks) and specifying the Add Trendline from the context menu.
Note: It’s not able to add trendline for pie charts in Excel.
2. Select the series, and right click to show the context menu, then click Format Data Series. See screenshot:
3. Then in the Format Data Series pane, click Fill & Line tab, and check No fill and No Line in FILL and BORDER sections. See screenshot:
Now only trend line showed in chart.