How to align column of numbers by decimal point in Excel?
Sometimes, we need to align the numbers by decimal point in a column in worksheet to make the numbers more neatly and beautifully as following screenshot shown.
In Excel, we can align the column of numbers by decimal point by using the Format Cells function. In this article, you will get the details.
To align the column of numbers by decimal point in Excel, please do as follows:
1. Select your numbers list which you want to align them by decimal point.
2. Right click, and choose Format Cells from the context menu, see screenshot:
3. Then, in the Format Cells dialog box, click Custom under Number tab, and enter this 0.???? into the Type box, see screenshot:
Note: The ? stands for the number of your decimal digits, it depends on your largest decimal digits. If the highest decimal places is 5, you just need to enter five question marks as you need.
4. Then click OK to close this dialog, the numbers in the selected cells will line up on the decimal point for left, center and right alignment. See screenshot:
Note: If your data contains the whole numbers, they will be added a dot mark after the whole number.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!