How to fill weekdays or weekends only in Excel?
For some cases, you may need to fill sequences of weekdays date or weekends date only in your worksheet. In Excel, we can drag the date to meet your need but with both weekdays and weekends. Are there any quick ways for us to fill weekdays or weekends only in Excel?
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
To create a list of working days only, please do as follows:
1. Enter the first weekday date in your worksheet as you need.
2. Drag the fill handle to the dates that you want to end, see screenshot:
3. Then click the Auto Fill Options button at the right down corner, and select Fill Weekdays option, see screenshot:
4. And now, you can see only the weekdays are filled in the worksheet.
With the Auto Fill Options, you can just fill the weekdays, but if you want to fill the weekend date only, the below formula can help you.
1. Enter this formula =TEXT("2014-7-26"+INT(ROW(A1)/2)+(CEILING(ROW(A1)/2,1)-1)*6,"dd/mm/yyyy") into a blank cell. (The date “2014-7-26”is the start Saturday that you want to fill, you can change it to your need, but make sure the date begin with Saturday date).
2. Then press Enter key and select the date cell, then drag the fill handle to fill the date that you needed. See screenshot:
3. And now, only the weekend dates (Saturdays and Sundays) are filled in your worksheet.