How to fill weekdays or weekends only in Excel?
For some cases, you may need to fill sequences of weekdays date or weekends date only in your worksheet. In Excel, we can drag the date to meet your need but with both weekdays and weekends. Are there any quick ways for us to fill weekdays or weekends only in Excel?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To create a list of working days only, please do as follows:
1. Enter the first weekday date in your worksheet as you need.
2. Drag the fill handle to the dates that you want to end, see screenshot:
3. Then click the Auto Fill Options button at the right down corner, and select Fill Weekdays option, see screenshot:
4. And now, you can see only the weekdays are filled in the worksheet.
With the Auto Fill Options, you can just fill the weekdays, but if you want to fill the weekend date only, the below formula can help you.
1. Enter this formula =TEXT("2014-7-26"+INT(ROW(A1)/2)+(CEILING(ROW(A1)/2,1)-1)*6,"dd/mm/yyyy") into a blank cell. (The date “2014-7-26”is the start Saturday that you want to fill, you can change it to your need, but make sure the date begin with Saturday date).
2. Then press Enter key and select the date cell, then drag the fill handle to fill the date that you needed. See screenshot:
3. And now, only the weekend dates (Saturdays and Sundays) are filled in your worksheet.