How to filter top 10 items in pivot table?
In excel, we can filter top n items quickly and easily by using the Filter function. Have you ever considered how to filter top n items in a pivot table? It is somewhat similar with the Filter feature in worksheet to filter items in pivot table. Read this article to know more.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
To filter the top 10 or n items in pivot table, follow these steps:
1. In the pivot table, click drop down arrow from the row labels, and then choose Value Filters > Top 10 in the pop-up menu, see screenshot:
2. Then in the Top 10 Filter dialog box, choose the corresponding options as you want, for example, if you want to filter the top 10 items, you just need to select Top from the first drop down list, and choose or type 10 as you need. And then, choose the field that you want to filter by at the last drop down list. See screenshot:
3. And then click OK button to close this dialog, and you will get the top 10 items of the field you specified. See screenshot:
1. With this method, you can also filter the bottom n items as well, you just need to choose Bottom and specify the number you need from the Top 10 Filter dialog box. See following screenshot:
2. If you want to clear the filter and restore to the original data, you can click the drop down arrow to choose Clear Filter From item from the menu.