How to filter top 10 items in pivot table?
In excel, we can filter top n items quickly and easily by using the Filter function. Have you ever considered how to filter top n items in a pivot table? It is somewhat similar with the Filter feature in worksheet to filter items in pivot table. Read this article to know more.
To filter the top 10 or n items in pivot table, follow these steps:
1. In the pivot table, click drop down arrow from the row labels, and then choose Value Filters > Top 10 in the pop-up menu, see screenshot:
2. Then in the Top 10 Filter dialog box, choose the corresponding options as you want, for example, if you want to filter the top 10 items, you just need to select Top from the first drop down list, and choose or type 10 as you need. And then, choose the field that you want to filter by at the last drop down list. See screenshot:
3. And then click OK button to close this dialog, and you will get the top 10 items of the field you specified. See screenshot:
1. With this method, you can also filter the bottom n items as well, you just need to choose Bottom and specify the number you need from the Top 10 Filter dialog box. See following screenshot:
2. If you want to clear the filter and restore to the original data, you can click the drop down arrow to choose Clear Filter From item from the menu.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!