How to filter top 10 items in pivot table?
In excel, we can filter top n items quickly and easily by using the Filter function. Have you ever considered how to filter top n items in a pivot table? It is somewhat similar with the Filter feature in worksheet to filter items in pivot table. Read this article to know more.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To filter the top 10 or n items in pivot table, follow these steps:
1. In the pivot table, click drop down arrow from the row labels, and then choose Value Filters > Top 10 in the pop-up menu, see screenshot:
2. Then in the Top 10 Filter dialog box, choose the corresponding options as you want, for example, if you want to filter the top 10 items, you just need to select Top from the first drop down list, and choose or type 10 as you need. And then, choose the field that you want to filter by at the last drop down list. See screenshot:
3. And then click OK button to close this dialog, and you will get the top 10 items of the field you specified. See screenshot:
1. With this method, you can also filter the bottom n items as well, you just need to choose Bottom and specify the number you need from the Top 10 Filter dialog box. See following screenshot:
2. If you want to clear the filter and restore to the original data, you can click the drop down arrow to choose Clear Filter From item from the menu.