How to repeat row labels for group in pivot table?
In Excel, when you create a pivot table, the row labels are displayed as a compact layout, all the headings are listed in one column. Sometimes, you need to convert the compact layout to outline form to make the table more clearly. But in tphe outline layout, the headings will be displayed at the top of the group. And how could you repeat the row labels for group in pivot table?
Supposing you have a pivot table, and now you want to repeat the row labels for all fields group as following screenshots shown.
Do with following steps:
1. Click any cell in your pivot table, and click Design under PivotTable Tools tab, and then click Report Layout > Show in Outline Form to display the pivot table as outline form, see screenshots:
2. After expanding the row labels, go on clicking Repeat All Item Labels under Report Layout, see screenshot:
3. And then, the row labels have been repeated for all fields group in pivot table as following screenshot shown:
Except repeating the row labels for the entire pivot table, you can also apply the feature to a specific field in the pivot table only.
1. Firstly, you need to expand the row labels as outline form as above steps shows, and click one row label which you want to repeat in your pivot table.
2. Then right click and choose Field Settings from the context menu, see screenshot:
3. In the Field Settings dialog box, click Layout & Print tab, then check Repeat item labels, see screenshot:
4. And then click OK to close the dialog, and now, you can see the row labels which you have specified are repeated only.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!