How to repeat row labels for group in pivot table?
In Excel, when you create a pivot table, the row labels are displayed as a compact layout, all the headings are listed in one column. Sometimes, you need to convert the compact layout to outline form to make the table more clearly. But in tphe outline layout, the headings will be displayed at the top of the group. And how could you repeat the row labels for group in pivot table?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Supposing you have a pivot table, and now you want to repeat the row labels for all fields group as following screenshots shown.
Do with following steps:
1. Click any cell in your pivot table, and click Design under PivotTable Tools tab, and then click Report Layout > Show in Outline Form to display the pivot table as outline form, see screenshots:
2. After expanding the row labels, go on clicking Repeat All Item Labels under Report Layout, see screenshot:
3. And then, the row labels have been repeated for all fields group in pivot table as following screenshot shown:
Except repeating the row labels for the entire pivot table, you can also apply the feature to a specific field in the pivot table only.
1. Firstly, you need to expand the row labels as outline form as above steps shows, and click one row label which you want to repeat in your pivot table.
2. Then right click and choose Field Settings from the context menu, see screenshot:
3. In the Field Settings dialog box, click Layout & Print tab, then check Repeat item labels, see screenshot:
4. And then click OK to close the dialog, and now, you can see the row labels which you have specified are repeated only.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoany keyboard short cut for repeating label items in pivot table !