How to apply same formula to multiple cells in Excel?
you want to apply a same formula to multiple cells at once, I am sure that this tutorial must be helpful for you. This tutorial is talking about some quick tricks on solving the problem, now please read it for the details.
Using Auto Fill to apply the same formula into multiple cells, you can do as follow:
1. Select a blank cell and then type the formula you need, here I type =(A1*3)/2+100, and then drag the Auto Fill handle to the right to fill the formula into the row, see screenshot:
2. Then drag the fill handle down to the range you need. See screenshot:
Note: You can also select the range that you will apply the same formula, and then click the Home > Fill > Down and Fill > Right successively.
Moreover, VBA can help you apply same formula to multiple cells.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic For Applications window.
2. Click Module > Insert to insert a Module window, and copy the below VBA into the window.
VBA: Apply same formula to cells.
Sub SetFormula() 'Updateby20140827 Dim Rng As Range Dim WorkRng As Range On Error Resume Next xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set WorkRng = Application.Selection Set WorkRng = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, WorkRng.Address, Type:=8) Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each Rng In WorkRng Rng.Value = (Rng.Value * 3) / 2 + 100 Next Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Click Run button, a KutoolsforExcel dialog pops out for you to select a range. See screenshot:
4. Click OK, and all selected cells are applied a same formula.
Tip: You can change the formula by changing Rng.Value = (Rng.Value * 3) / 2 + 100 in the above VBA to meet your need.
With Kutools for Excel installed, you can use Operation Tools to quickly apply same formula to range cells.
1. Select the ranges you need to apply the same formula and click Kutools > More > Operation Tools. See screenshot:
2. In the Operation Tools dialog, click Custom in the Operation section, and type the formula into the text box, you can see the calculating results in Preview box.
3. Click Ok or Apply, then all the selected ranges are apply the formula you type. See screenshot:
1. If you check the Create formulas option in Operation Tools dialog, the formulas will be kept in each cell. See screenshot:
2. If Skip formula cells option is checked, the operation will skip the formula cells in the range.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!