How to calculate median if multiple conditions in Excel?
To calculate median in a range may be easy for you, but if you want to calculate median meeting multiple conditions in Excel, how can you do? Now, I introduce a formula for you to solve it.
For example, you have a range data shown as below, and you want to calculate the median of value of a in 2-Jan, you can do as follow steps:
1. You can type some contents as shown as below:
2. In cell F2, type this formula =MEDIAN(IF($A$2:$A$12=$E2,IF($C$2:$C$12=F$1,$B$2:$B$12))), and press Shift + Ctrl + Enter keys at the same time, then drag the fill handle to fill the range you with this formula. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)