How to highlight whole numbers in Excel?
Supposing, there are both integers and decimals in your worksheet, and now, you would like to apply the conditional formatting to stand out the whole numbers in your worksheet. Have you ever tried to solve this task by yourself? Today, I will tell you a useful formula to finish this job.
To highlight only the integers in your worksheet, you can use the following formula in the conditional formatting, please do with these:
1. Select the range that you want to highlight the whole numbers.
2. Click Home > Conditional Formatting > New Rule, see screenshot:
3. In the New Formatting Rule dialog box, click Use a formula to determine which cells to format option under Select a Rule Type: list box, and then enter this formula =IF(LEN(A1),MOD(A1,1)=0,"") into the Format values where this formula is true: text box, (A1 is the first cell of your selection, you can change it as you need), see screenshot:
4. Then click Format button to open the Format Cells dialog, and choose one color you like under Fill tab, see screenshot:
5. And then click OK > OK to close the dialogs, and the whole numbers in your selected range have been highlighted with the color you choose.
1. If you want to highlight the decimals in the range only, you should apply this formula =MOD(A1,1)>0 within the Conditinal Formatting feature in above step 3.
2. Conditional Formatting tool is a dynamic function, the highlighted color will be adjusted with the changes of your number.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!