How to extract diagonal matrix in Excel?
Supposing you have the following data in your worksheet, and now you need to extract the diagonal matrix values from the data range as screenshot shown. Have ever tried to extract the values diagonally from the matrix in Excel?
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel/Office
Here is a simple formula can help you to get the values diagonally from the matrix range, please do as these:
1. In a blank cell next to your data, please enter this formula: =INDEX(A1:E1,,ROWS($1:1)), see screenshot:
2. Then drag the fill handle over to the range until the error values are displayed. And your diagonal matrix values have been extracted from top left to down right as follows:
3. At last you can delete the error values as you need.
1. The arguments A1: E1 is the first row range that you want to extract diagonal cell values from, you can change it to your need.
2. This formula only can be applied to the range cells which have the same column number and row number, such as 5 column and 5 row.
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
300 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...