How to remove last / ending comma from cell in Excel?
When you copy or import some data from other applications, there may be commas at the end of the data as following screenshot shown. And now you want to remove all the trailing commas at once in your worksheet, how could you do?
To delete the commas from each cell of the selection quickly and easily, you can apply the following formulas, please do as follows:
1. Enter this formula =IF(RIGHT(A2,1)=",",LEFT(A2,LEN(A2)-1),A2)(A2 has the data that you want to use.) into a blank cell besides your data, in this example, I will type it in cell B2, see screenshot:
2. Then drag the fill handle over to the range cells that you want to contain this formula, and all the commas which at the end of the values have been removed at once. See screenshot:
1. Except the above formula, you can also use the left and right function to remove the last commas from the cells. The formula is this: =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-(RIGHT(A1)=",")).
2. If you want to remove other ending characters, such as semicolon (;), period (.) and so on, you just need to change the comma (,) between the quotes in the formulas to other characters as you need.
If you have Kutools for Excel, its Remove by Positon utility may help you quickly remove certain number characters from beginning or ending cell values.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1. Select the data range that you want to remove the last comma.
2. Click Kutools > Text > Remove by Position, see screenshot:
3. In the Remove by Position dialog box, in the Number text box, please enter the number of characters that you want to remove, and then choose the positon that you want to remove from, here, I select From right, at the same time, you can preview the results from the Preview pane. Then click Ok or Apply button, all commas at the end of the values have been removed at once.see screenshot:
In some cases, you would like to add comma at end of each text string in a cell within a column, to add them one by one will be time-consuming if there are hundreds of thousands cells need to be added. But, Kutools for Excel’s Add Text may help you insert specific text or character into a cell at any position.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do with following steps:
1. Select the data range that you want to add comma after the text string each cell.
2. Then click Kutools > Text > Add Text, see screenshot:
3. In the Add Text dialog box, enter comma “,” or other characters you need into the Text box, and select After last character from the Position section, at the same time, you can preview the results in the right pane, see screenshot:
4. And then click Ok or Apply button, the comma has been added at the end of text string of each cell.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agothanks that was helpfull i had like 30000 numbers i needed to remove the comma bt with this it couldnt av being better.. graful