How to add unit to cells in Excel?
If there is a list of numbers in your worksheet, and you want to add a unit to each cell, you can add the unit to each cell one by one manually. However, if the cells in the list are too many, the manual method will be very tedious. Now I can tell you some tricks to quickly add unit to the cells of a column list in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
When you want to add the same unit to a list of data, you can use the below formula.
Select a blank cell next to the fist cell of the data list, and enter this formula =B2&"$" (B2 indicates the cell you need its value, and $ is the unit you want to add to) into it, and press Enter key, then drag the AutoFill handle to the range.
Format Cells function also can add the unit to the original cells.
1. Select the data list, then right click to select Format Cells from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the popped out Format Cells dialog, click Number tab and select Custom from the Category list, and then in the Type text box, enter 0"$" into it. See screenshot:
3. Click OK to apply the function. Now the unit is added to each cell of the column.
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, you can use its Add Text feature to add unit to each cell.
1. Select the list cells you want to add unit, and click Kutools > Text Tools > Add Text. See screenshot:
2. Then in the popped out dialog, do as follow:
In the Text box, type the unit you need into it;
Check After last character option in Position section. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok to apply the feature. Now the unit has been added into each cell of the list.
- Add/ insert prefix or suffix to selected cells, rows, and columns
- Add percentage symbol for multiple numbers in cells