How to add unit to cells in Excel?
If there is a list of numbers in your worksheet, and you want to add a unit to each cell, you can add the unit to each cell one by one manually. However, if the cells in the list are too many, the manual method will be very tedious. Now I can tell you some tricks to quickly add unit to the cells of a column list in Excel.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
When you want to add the same unit to a list of data, you can use the below formula.
Select a blank cell next to the fist cell of the data list, and enter this formula =B2&"$" (B2 indicates the cell you need its value, and $ is the unit you want to add to) into it, and press Enter key, then drag the AutoFill handle to the range.
Format Cells function also can add the unit to the original cells.
1. Select the data list, then right click to select Format Cells from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the popped out Format Cells dialog, click Number tab and select Custom from the Category list, and then in the Type text box, enter 0"$" into it. See screenshot:
3. Click OK to apply the function. Now the unit is added to each cell of the column.
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, you can use its Add Text feature to add unit to each cell.
1. Select the list cells you want to add unit, and click Kutools > Text Tools > Add Text. See screenshot:
2. Then in the popped out dialog, do as follow:
In the Text box, type the unit you need into it;
Check After last character option in Position section. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok to apply the feature. Now the unit has been added into each cell of the list.
- Add/ insert prefix or suffix to selected cells, rows, and columns
- Add percentage symbol for multiple numbers in cells