How to add unit to cells in Excel?
If there is a list of numbers in your worksheet, and you want to add a unit to each cell, you can add the unit to each cell one by one manually. However, if the cells in the list are too many, the manual method will be very tedious. Now I can tell you some tricks to quickly add unit to the cells of a column list in Excel.
Note: here take adding "kg" after numbers as instance, you can change the unit as you need.
When you want to add the same unit to a list of data, you can use the below formula.
Select a blank cell next to the fist cell of the data list, and enter this formula =B2&"kg" (B2 indicates the cell you need its value, and $ is the unit you want to add to) into it, and press Enter key, then drag the AutoFill handle to the range.
Format Cells function also can add the unit to the original cells.
1. Select the data list, then right click to select Format Cells from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the popped out Format Cells dialog, click Number tab and select Custom from the Category list, and then in the Type text box, enter 0"kg" into it. Click OK. See screenshot:
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, you can use its Add Text feature to add unit to each cell.
1. Select the list cells you want to add unit, and click Kutools > Text Tools > Add Text. See screenshot:
2. Then in the popped out dialog, do as follow:
In the Text box, type the unit you need into it;
Check After last character option in Position section. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok to apply the feature. Now the unit has been added into each cell of the list.
- Add/ insert prefix or suffix to selected cells, rows, and columns
- Add percentage symbol for multiple numbers in cells
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!