How to protect workbook structure in Excel?
If you have designed a workbook’s structure, and do not want others to change it such as adding or deleting new worksheets except editing the cells, how can you do? Now I will tell you some tricks to protect workbook’s structure only in Excel.
To protect workbook structure, you need to go to the Protect Structure and Window dialog.
1. Open the Protect Structure and Window dialog. And there are two ways to open it:
Method 1 (Excel 2007 cannot use this method, please go to method 2)
Click File > Info > Protect Workbook > Protect Workbook Structure. See screenshot:
Click Review > Protect Workbook. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Protect Structure and Windows dialog, check Structure option and type the password into the text box, then click OK; and retype the password again into the text box of Confirm Password dialog. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. Now the workbook cannot be change the structure without a password.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)