How to sum same cell in multiple sheets in Excel?
If you have a workbook, and you want to sum the values in the same cell such as A2 in each worksheet, how can you solve it? Maybe you can copy them into one column, then sum up them. But if there are multiple sheets in the workbook, this method will be tedious. Now I can introduce some quick ways for you to quickly sum the same cells in each sheets in Excel.
Fortunately, there is a formula that can help you quickly sum up the values in the same cells in each sheet.
Select a blank cell that you want to get the calculating result, and then type this formula =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet7!A2) into it, and press Enter key. Now the result will be gotten in the selected cell.
1. In the above formula, Sheet1:Sheet7 indicates from Sheet 1 to Sheet 7 in the workbook, you can change them as you need.
2. If the original data is changed, the result is also changed.
3. The above formula just can sum up the same cell across all worksheets, if you just need to sum up the same cell in parts of worksheets, you can use this formula =SUM(Sheet1!A2,Sheet2!A2,Sheet5!A2,Sheet7!A2) ( You need type comma to separate the sheets).
1. Click Enterprise > Combine. See screenshot:
2. In the popping dialog, check Consolidateand calculate value across multiple workbooks into one worksheet option. See screenshot:
3. Click Next to go on. And select the workbook and worksheets you need from Workbook list and Worksheet list, then select a cell from the Range section, then click Same range button to select the same cells in all checked worksheets. See screenshot:
4. Click Finish. Then a new workbook will be created to show the sum up result. See screenshot:
Tip: There will pop out a dialog asking you to save the scenario, you can check Yes or No as your need.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!