How to hide expand collapse buttons in pivot table?
In Excel, when we create a pivot table which contains some expand or collapse buttons, which can help us to expand or collapse the items in the pivot table as below screenshot shown. But, sometimes, we don’t want others to expand or collapse the items. In this case, we can hide and disable the expand and collapse buttons.
To hide and show the expand collapse buttons, please do as follows:
1. Click any cell in the pivot table.
2. On the ribbon, click Options > +/- Buttons command to hide the buttons, see screenshots:
Tip: Click the +/- Buttons command again for showing expand and collapse buttons.
You can also go to the PivotTable Options to set an option.
1. Right click a cell in the pivot table, and choose PivotTable Options from the context menu, see screenshot:
2. In the PivotTable Options dialog, under the Display tab, uncheck Show expand/collapse buttons in the Display section, see screenshot:
3. And then click OK to close this dialog, and expand and collapse buttons have been hidden at once in your selected pivot table.
Tip: To show the expand and collapse buttons again, please check Show expand/collapse buttons option in the PivotTable Options dialog box.
Note: The above two methods are only applied to only one pivot table each time.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)