How to hide expand collapse buttons in pivot table?
In Excel, when we create a pivot table which contains some expand or collapse buttons, which can help us to expand or collapse the items in the pivot table as below screenshot shown. But, sometimes, we don’t want others to expand or collapse the items. In this case, we can hide and disable the expand and collapse buttons.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
To hide and show the expand collapse buttons, please do as follows:
1. Click any cell in the pivot table.
2. On the ribbon, click Options > +/- Buttons command to hide the buttons, see screenshots:
Tip: Click the +/- Buttons command again for showing expand and collapse buttons.
You can also go to the PivotTable Options to set an option.
1. Right click a cell in the pivot table, and choose PivotTable Options from the context menu, see screenshot:
2. In the PivotTable Options dialog, under the Display tab, uncheck Show expand/collapse buttons in the Display section, see screenshot:
3. And then click OK to close this dialog, and expand and collapse buttons have been hidden at once in your selected pivot table.
Tip: To show the expand and collapse buttons again, please check Show expand/collapse buttons option in the PivotTable Options dialog box.
Note: The above two methods are only applied to only one pivot table each time.