How to insert a chart with data non-contiguous in Excel?
It is easy for us to create a chart with a range of data which is placed a single, tightly packed table. But, now, I have multiple columns data which are not next to each other in a worksheet as following screenshot shown, in this case, how could we create a chart with these non-contiguous columns in Excel?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To create a chart with the columns data not to each other, you can do with following steps:
1. Insert a blank chart by clicking Insert tab, and then choose one type chart you want, this example, I will use a column chart. See screenshot:
2. Then an empty chart will be inserted, select the blank chart, and click Design > Select Data , see screenshot:
Tip: You also can right click at the chart and choose Select Data from the context menu.
3. In the Select Data Source dialog, click Add button to add the information of data series that you want to display on the chart.
4. Then in the popped out Edit Series dialog box, select the series name and series values you need, see screenshot:
5. Click OK to return to the Select Data Source dialog, and go on clicking the Add button to add other column data series into the chart just as the step4.
6. After inserting the data series, you need to add the information for the Horizontal Axis Labels, in the Select Data Source dialog, click Edit on the Horizontal (Category) Axis Labels option, and then select the data range for the axis labels in the Axis Labels dialog, see screenshots:
7. And then click OK > OK to close the dialogs, and the chart with non-contiguous data has been created successfully.