How to abbreviate numbers in Excel?
If you have a list of large numbers typed in Excel and now you want to abbreviate them as below screenshots shown, you can read this tutorial for the details.
You can customize the number formatting in the Format Cells dialog.
1. Select the numbers you need to abbreviate, and right click to select Format Cells from the context menu.
2. In the Format Cells dialog, click Number > Custom, and type [>999999]#,,"M";#,"K" into Type textbox. See screenshot:
3. Click OK to close dialog, now the large numbers are abbreviated.
Tip: If you just need to abbreviate the large number as thousand “K” or million “M”, you can type #,"K" or #,,"M" into the textbox. And if you want to display much larger number like 12000000000 or 12000000000 as 12B or 12T, you need to type #,,,"B" or #,,,,"T". And if you need to show million and trillion together, you need this [>999999999.999]#,,,"B";[>999999.999]#,,"M";#,##0 _M.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!