How to add or remove strikethrough in Excel?
In general, we usually add a strikethrough to the data to show it as invalid. But do you know how to add or remove the strikethrough in Excel?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can add the strikethrough in the Format Cells dialog.
1. Select the cells you want to add strikethrough and click Home > Format Cells arrow. See screenshot:
2. In the Format Cells dialog, under Font tab, check Strikethrough option in the Effects section. See screenshot:
3. Click OK to close dialog. Now all selected cells are added strikethrough.
If you want to remove strikethrough, select the cells with strikethrough, go to the Format Cells dialog and uncheck the Strikethrough option.
Tip: You also can right click to select Format Cells to open the Format Cells dialog.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 7 months agoAfter I select certain rows and i go to format cells and select the Strike through option, the rows following those that I selected are automatically creating a strike through as I enter numbers. How can I utilize the strike through option without having to go and un-check the strike through box each time?