How to add labels in bubble chart in Excel?
When you quickly create a bubble chart in Excel, the chart will have one series and the bubbles in your bubble chart may be filled with the same color as shown as below screenshot, which makes you difficult to distinguish them in Excel. But if you add labels of name for the bubbles, you can easy to get it.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To add labels of name to bubbles, you need to show the labels first.
1. Right click at any bubble and select Add Data Labels from context menu.
2. Then click at one label, then click at it again to select it only. See screenshot:
3. Then type = into the Formula bar, and then select the cell of the relative name you need, and press the Enter key. See screenshot:
4. Press Enter. You can see the label has change to show the name.
Note: You can also type text as you need directly into the text box after you selecting the label.
5. Repeat to change the others labels. And the bubble chart will be shown as below:
- Create bubble chart in Excel?
- Create bubble chart with multiple series
- Change bubble size in bubble chart