How to add labels in bubble chart in Excel?
When you quickly create a bubble chart in Excel, the chart will have one series and the bubbles in your bubble chart may be filled with the same color as shown as below screenshot, which makes you difficult to distinguish them in Excel. But if you add labels of name for the bubbles, you can easy to get it.
Recommended Excel Productivity Tools
To add labels of name to bubbles, you need to show the labels first.
1. Right click at any bubble and select Add Data Labels from context menu.
2. Then click at one label, then click at it again to select it only. See screenshot:
3. Then type = into the Formula bar, and then select the cell of the relative name you need, and press the Enter key. See screenshot:
4. Press Enter. You can see the label has change to show the name.
Note: You can also type text as you need directly into the text box after you selecting the label.
5. Repeat to change the others labels. And the bubble chart will be shown as below:
- Create bubble chart in Excel?
- Create bubble chart with multiple series
- Change bubble size in bubble chart