How to create bubble chart with multiple series in Excel?
As we know, to quickly create a bubble chart, you will create all the series as one series as screenshot 1 shown, but now I will tell you how to create a bubble chart with multiple series as screenshot 2 shown in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2021 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Please follow the below steps to create a bubble chart with multiple series.
1. Click Insert > Other Charts, select the bubble type you need in the Bubble section from the list.
In Excel 2013, click Insert > Insert Scatter (X, Y) or Bubble chart, and select bubble chart.
2. Right click at the blank bubble chart and click Select Data from the context menu.
3. In the Select Data Source dialog, add series by clicking Add in the Legend Entries (Series) section. See screenshots:
4. Then select the relative cells for the text boxes in the Edit Series dialog, and then click OK to close this dialog. see screenshot:
Now you can see one series has been added into the bubble chart.
5. Repeat step 3 and step 4 to add all the series one by one into Legend Entries (Series) section. See screenshot:
6. Click OK. Now you can see the bubble chart are created with multiple series.
7. In Excel 2007 and 2010, you can click the bubble chart and go to Layout tab, and click Chart Title, and select Centered Overlay Title or Above Chart as you need from the drop down list. Then change the title as you need.
Note: In Excel 2013, you can go to the Design tab and click Add Chart Element > Chart Titles, and then select Centered Overlay or Above Chart as you need.
Tip: If you want to create a 3-D bubble with multiple series, you need to select data first and then insert the 3-D bubble, and remove the original series in the Select Data Source dialog, then add the series one by one.