How to create bubble chart with multiple series in Excel?
As we know, to quickly create a bubble chart, you will create all the series as one series as screenshot 1 shown, but now I will tell you how to create a bubble chart with multiple series as screenshot 2 shown in Excel.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel/Office
Please follow the below steps to create a bubble chart with multiple series.
1. Click Insert > Other Charts, select the bubble type you need in the Bubble section from the list.
In Excel 2013, click Insert > Insert Scatter (X, Y) or Bubble chart, and select bubble chart.
2. Right click at the blank bubble chart and click Select Data from the context menu.
3. In the Select Data Source dialog, add series by clicking Add in the Legend Entries (Series) section. See screenshots:
4. Then select the relative cells for the text boxes in the Edit Series dialog, and then click OK to close this dialog. see screenshot:
Now you can see one series has been added into the bubble chart.
5. Repeat step 3 and step 4 to add all the series one by one into Legend Entries (Series) section. See screenshot:
6. Click OK. Now you can see the bubble chart are created with multiple series.
7. In Excel 2007 and 2010, you can click the bubble chart and go to Layout tab, and click Chart Title, and select Centered Overlay Title or Above Chart as you need from the drop down list. Then change the title as you need.
Note: In Excel 2013, you can go to the Design tab and click Add Chart Element > Chart Titles, and then select Centered Overlay or Above Chart as you need.
Tip: If you want to create a 3-D bubble with multiple series, you need to select data first and then insert the 3-D bubble, and remove the original series in the Select Data Source dialog, then add the series one by one.
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
300 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...