How to vary colors by point for chart in Excel?
If you create a single-series column, bar or line chart, all the data points in the data series are displayed the same color. And when you want to change the color for the data points, it always changes all the colors. If you need to use different colors for each data points to make the chart more beautiful and professional as following screenshots shown, do you have any good ideas to solve it?
To color code each data points with different colors, the Vary colors by point feature in Excel can help you, please do with following steps:
1. Click one data column in the chart and right click to choose Format Data Series from the context menu, see screenshot:
2. In the Format Data Series dialog box, click Fill in the left pane, and then check Vary colors by point option from the right section, see screenshot:
Tip：If you are using Excel 2013, in the Format Data Series pane, click Fill & Line icon, and then check Vary colors by point option under FILL section, see screenshot:
3. And then click Close button to close the dialog, your will get the following different color data column chart.
4. If you don’t like the colors, you can change them to your need, please click Page Layout > Themes, and choose one theme you like.
5. And you will get the chart with different bar colors you need.
Note: This Vary colors by point option is also applied to bar chart and line chart in Excel.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!