- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoDouble-click on the separate column, several times if necessary, then you can change the colors of individual columns
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoClick on the column you want to be a different colour. Go to the home tab. Click on the 'fill colour' bucket icon. It will change just the selected column.
How to vary colors by point for chart in Excel?
If you create a single-series column, bar or line chart, all the data points in the data series are displayed the same color. And when you want to change the color for the data points, it always changes all the colors. If you need to use different colors for each data points to make the chart more beautiful and professional as following screenshots shown, do you have any good ideas to solve it?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To color code each data points with different colors, the Vary colors by point feature in Excel can help you, please do with following steps:
1. Click one data column in the chart and right click to choose Format Data Series from the context menu, see screenshot:
2. In the Format Data Series dialog box, click Fill in the left pane, and then check Vary colors by point option from the right section, see screenshot:
Tip：If you are using Excel 2013, in the Format Data Series pane, click Fill & Line icon, and then check Vary colors by point option under FILL section, see screenshot:
3. And then click Close button to close the dialog, your will get the following different color data column chart.
4. If you don’t like the colors, you can change them to your need, please click Page Layout > Themes, and choose one theme you like.
5. And you will get the chart with different bar colors you need.
Note: This Vary colors by point option is also applied to bar chart and line chart in Excel.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoI need to make one chart column a different color. Only one! The descriptions don't seem to describe this. What I am told to select a data point they all become selected. It is down-hill from there.