To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 days agoDouble-click on the separate column, several times if necessary, then you can change the colors of individual columns
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 months agoClick on the column you want to be a different colour. Go to the home tab. Click on the 'fill colour' bucket icon. It will change just the selected column.
How to vary colors by point for chart in Excel?
If you create a single-series column, bar or line chart, all the data points in the data series are displayed the same color. And when you want to change the color for the data points, it always changes all the colors. If you need to use different colors for each data points to make the chart more beautiful and professional as following screenshots shown, do you have any good ideas to solve it?
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately. 60-day Unlimited Free Trial
To color code each data points with different colors, the Vary colors by point feature in Excel can help you, please do with following steps:
1. Click one data column in the chart and right click to choose Format Data Series from the context menu, see screenshot:
2. In the Format Data Series dialog box, click Fill in the left pane, and then check Vary colors by point option from the right section, see screenshot:
Tip：If you are using Excel 2013, in the Format Data Series pane, click Fill & Line icon, and then check Vary colors by point option under FILL section, see screenshot:
3. And then click Close button to close the dialog, your will get the following different color data column chart.
4. If you don’t like the colors, you can change them to your need, please click Page Layout > Themes, and choose one theme you like.
5. And you will get the chart with different bar colors you need.
Note: This Vary colors by point option is also applied to bar chart and line chart in Excel.
Excel Productivity Tools
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoI need to make one chart column a different color. Only one! The descriptions don't seem to describe this. What I am told to select a data point they all become selected. It is down-hill from there.