How to count number of cells with text or number in Excel?
For example you have a worksheet mix with texts and numbers, and you want to count the total cell numbers of texts and numbers separately, what would you do? In Excel, you can use formula to achieve this. Please browse this tutorial for more details.
For counting number of cells with text in Excel, please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell that you want the counting result showing in.
2. Copy and paste the formula =COUNTA(A1:D15)-COUNT(A1:D15) into the Formula Bar and then press the Enter key. Then you can see the total cell number showing in the selected cell.
Note: After pasting the formula, you need to change the cell range as you need.
After counting the cell number with text, this section will show you the formula of counting the cell number with number.
1. Select a blank cell for putting the counting result.
2. Copy and paste the formula =COUNT(A1:D15) into the Formula Bar, then press the Enter key. See screenshot:
Then you can see the counting result displays in the selected cell.
Note: Change the cell range in the formula based on your worksheet after copying and pasting.
- How to count cell numbers between two values or dates in Excel?
- How to count cells with specific text in Excel?
- How to count number or “Yes” or “No” answer in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!