How to count unique values excluding duplicates in Excel?
For example, there is a name list mixed with duplicates, how to only count the unique values excluding duplicates (the values that appear in the list only once) in the list? This article will show you two methods to get it down in details.
Take the data of the below screenshot shown as an example, let's see how to apply formula to count unique names totally excluding duplicates.
1. Select a blank cell to output the result.
2. Enter the below formula into it and press the Enter key to get the result.
1) In the above formula, A2:A7 is the range containing the names you want to count.
2) B3 is the first name in the range. You can change them as you need.
You can also apply the Count Unique Values utility of Kutools for Excel to easily count only unique values excluding duplicates in a list. Please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell to output the result, then click Kutools > Formula Helper > Formula Helper.
3. In the Formulas Helper dialog box, you need to:
- Find and select Count unique values in the Choose a formula box;
Tip: you can check the Filter box, type in certain words to filter the formula names.
- In the Range box, select the range in which you want to count unique values;
- Click the OK button.
Now only the names that appear in the list once are counted. See below screenshot:
- How to count cell numbers between two values or dates in Excel?
- How to count number of cells with text or number in Excel?
- How to count cells with specific text in Excel?
- How to count number or Yes or No answer in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!