How to vlookup to get the row number in Excel?
In Excel, we can use the vlookup function to get the corresponding cell value of the specified data. But do you ever consider that how to get the row number instead of the cell value?
In Excel, you can apply the MATCH function to return the number of the row where the specified value is found. Please do as this:
For example, I have a range of data as following screenshot shown, I want to find the row number which ID is AA1005:
You can apply this formula, please enter it into a cell where you need: =MATCH(E1,A1:A10,0), and then press Enter key to get the row number you need, see screenshot:
1. In the above formula, E1 is the value that we want to look for its row number, and A1:A10 is the range of cells where we want to search.
2. You should notice that the above formula returns a relative reference, not an absolute reference to the worksheet cell. In this example, if you change your search range to A2:A10, the row number will be 6.
3. To return an absolute row, you can use the ROW and MATCH functions to deal with it, please apply this formula: =MATCH(E1,A1:A10,0)+ROW(A1:A10)-1, see screenshot:
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoIt is condescending to say "please" in technical instructions.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoNeed help AGAIN, NEED ROW ADDRESS, HAVE AN ARRAY(C16:C57) WITH NUMBERS, AND CELL C57=19404, IN CELL B13=19404
TRIED MATCH(B13,C16:C57,0), GET 0 RETURNED
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoçok yardımcı oldu
çok çok teşekkürler