How to create pivot chart in Excel?
In Excel, you may usually insert a chart to help you analyze the data, but do you know in some cases, a pivot chart is better than the normal chart for analyzing in Excel? Now this tutorial is talking about pivot chart creating in Excel.
To create a pivot chart, you can do as the following steps:
1. Select the base data, and click Insert > PivotTable > PivotChart. See screenshot:
Note: In Excel 2013, you need to click the Insert > Pivot Chart > Pivot Chart.
2. In the popping Create PivotTable with PivotChart dialog, choose the location you want to place the new PivotTable and PivotChart in Choose where you want the PivotTable and PivotChart to be placed section. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. Now a PivotTable Field List displays in the left of the worksheet.
4. Now drag the fields you want to show in the PivotChart to the areas as you need. Here I drag Saler and Order ID fields to Axis Fields (Categories) section, and drag Amount field to Values section. See screenshots:
Note: When you create a pivot chart, a pivot table is created at the same time.
If you want the legend series shown as Saler, you can drag Saler field to the Legend Fields (Series) section. See screenshots:
You can filter the Order ID or Saler by clicking the down arrow in PivotChart, specify the filter criteria in the drop down list, and then click OK.
(1) The pivot table will change as the pivot chart changes.
(2) In Excel 2007, we cannot filter data in the Pivot chart, but we can filter data in the Pivot table and the data in the pivot chart will change automatically.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!