How to create pivot chart in Excel?
In Excel, you may usually insert a chart to help you analyze the data, but do you know in some cases, a pivot chart is better than the normal chart for analyzing in Excel? Now this tutorial is talking about pivot chart creating in Excel.
Create pivot chart in Excel
Create pivot chart in Excel
To create a pivot chart, you can do as the following steps:
1. Select the base data, and click Insert > PivotTable > PivotChart. See screenshot:
Note: In Excel 2013, you need to click the Insert > Pivot Chart > Pivot Chart.
2. In the popping Create PivotTable with PivotChart dialog, choose the location you want to place the new PivotTable and PivotChart in Choose where you want the PivotTable and PivotChart to be placed section. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. Now a PivotTable Field List displays in the left of the worksheet.
4. Now drag the fields you want to show in the PivotChart to the areas as you need. Here I drag Saler and Order ID fields to Axis Fields (Categories) section, and drag Amount field to Values section. See screenshots:
Note: When you create a pivot chart, a pivot table is created at the same time.
If you want the legend series shown as Saler, you can drag Saler field to the Legend Fields (Series) section. See screenshots:
You can filter the Order ID or Saler by clicking the down arrow in PivotChart, specify the filter criteria in the drop down list, and then click OK.
(1) The pivot table will change as the pivot chart changes.
(2) In Excel 2007, we cannot filter data in the Pivot chart, but we can filter data in the Pivot table and the data in the pivot chart will change automatically.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!