How to show the arrow of drop down list in Excel?
By default, the arrows of the data validation drop down lists will not display until you click on the cells. Actually, there is no way to show the arrows of drop down list directly in the worksheet. In this tutorial, we will show you how to mark all cells with data validation drop down list with the same color at once in order to easily figure out them in worksheet.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
As the arrow of drop down list cannot be displaced automatically until clicking the cell. You can change the color of them at once for easily recognizing them among other cells. Please do as follows.
1. Open the worksheet which the drop down lists locate, click on the button on the top left corner of the worksheet to select the whole sheet.
2. Click Find & Select > Go To under Home tab.
Or you can press Ctrl + G at the same time to open the Go To dialog box.
3. In the Go To dialog box, click the Special button. See screenshot:
4. In the Go To Special dialog box, check the Data validation and All options, and then click the OK button.
5. Then all cells with data validation drop down list are selected.
6. Go to the Home tab, click the arrow besides the Fill Color icon, and select a color for the selected cells. Here I choose the Blue color. See screenshot:
7. Now all cells with data validation drop down list are filled by blue color. You can figure out cells contain drop down list with other cells by colors.
- How to auto populate other cells when selecting values in Excel drop down list?
- How to autocomplete when typing in Excel drop down list?
- How to create a searchable drop down list in Excel?
- How to create a drop down list calendar in Excel?
- How to create drop down list from another workbook in Excel?