How to show the arrow of drop down list in Excel?
By default, the arrows of the data validation drop down lists will not display until you click on the cells. Actually, there is no way to show the arrows of drop down list directly in the worksheet. In this tutorial, we will show you how to mark all cells with data validation drop down list with the same color at once in order to easily figure out them in worksheet.
As the arrow of drop down list cannot be displaced automatically until clicking the cell. You can change the color of them at once for easily recognizing them among other cells. Please do as follows.
1. Open the worksheet which the drop down lists locate, click on the button on the top left corner of the worksheet to select the whole sheet.
2. Click Find & Select > Go To under Home tab.
Or you can press Ctrl + G at the same time to open the Go To dialog box.
3. In the Go To dialog box, click the Special button. See screenshot:
4. In the Go To Special dialog box, check the Data validation and All options, and then click the OK button.
5. Then all cells with data validation drop down list are selected.
6. Go to the Home tab, click the arrow besides the Fill Color icon, and select a color for the selected cells. Here I choose the Blue color. See screenshot:
7. Now all cells with data validation drop down list are filled by blue color. You can figure out cells contain drop down list with other cells by colors.
- How to auto populate other cells when selecting values in Excel drop down list?
- How to autocomplete when typing in Excel drop down list?
- How to create a searchable drop down list in Excel?
- How to create a drop down list calendar in Excel?
- How to create drop down list from another workbook in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!