How to use shortcut keys to paste special into Excel?
In Excel, Copy and Paste must be the most used commands in our daily Excel work. Now I will tell you the shortcuts to quickly finish easy paste or other special paste in Excel.
Shortcuts to open Paste Special dialog: Ctrl + ALT + V or ALT + E + S;
Shortcuts to paste: Ctrl + V;
Shortcuts to paste value only: ALT + H + V + V;
Shortcuts to paste value and number formatting: ALT + H + V + A; (In Excel 2007, not work)
Shortcuts to paste values and keep source formatting: ALT + H + V + E; (Not work in Excel 2007)
Shortcuts to paste only source formatting: ALT + H + V + K; (Not work in Excel 2007)
Shortcuts to paste no border: ALT + H + V + B;
Shortcuts to paste keep source column widths: ALT + H + V + W; (Not work in Excel 2013/2007)
Shortcuts to paste only formatting: ALT + H + V + R; (Not work in Excel 2007)
Shortcuts to paste transpose: ALT + H + V + T;
Shortcuts to paste formula only: ALT + H + V + F;
Shortcuts to paste formula and number formatting: ALT + H + V + O; (Not work in Excel 2007)
Shortcuts to paste as picture: ALT + H + V + U; (Not work in Excel 2007)
Shortcuts to paste as linked picture: ALT + H + V + I; (Not work in Excel 2007)
(1) Above shortcut keys must be used after the copy.
(2) For the hot keys like ALT + H + V + V, you should hold the Alt key, and then press the other three keys one by one.
If you want to fill a column with the same formula, you can do as these:
1. Type the formula you want in the first cell in the column, then press Enter key.
2. Then put the cursor on the column header and select the entire column, and press Ctrl + D keys to fill the formula in the whole column.
Tip: if you want to fill the formula in a column range, you can select the range you want to fill, and press Ctrl + D keys.
- Shortcut keys to insert or delete row/column/tab
- Shortcut keys to select row/column/data/sheetShortcut keys to select row/column/data/sheet
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!