To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agoHi, ak, what is you mean? To copy the paragraphs after a table, just select the paragraphs only and copy them. Please explain your question in more details.
Two Easy Ways to convert or import Word document contents to Excel worksheet
Sometimes, you may need to convert a Word document to Excel worksheet or import the Word document data to worksheet, do you know any quick way instead of copying and pasting? This tutorial provides two easiest ways to handle this job.
- Method A: Convert Word to Excel with the Save As and the From Text utility (7 steps)
Cannot import/convert charts from Word to Excel, one file imported once time.
- Method B: Convert Word to Excel with the VBA (4 steps)
Import all data from Word to Excel, but the charts may be overlapped
- Relative Operation: Batch convert Excel workbooks to PDF files Demo
Batch convert Excel files in folders to separated PDF files
- Other Operations (Articles) Related To File Conversion
Convert Excel table to PDF Batch import csv/txt/xml files to Excel and so on
To convert Word document to Excel worksheet, you can combine Save As function in Word and From Text function in Excel.
1. Open the Word document you want to Excel worksheet, click File > Save As command, then click Browse to open Save As dialog, choose one destination to place the new file, and in the Save as type drop-down list, select Plain Text.
2. Click Save to save the Word document as new text file, then a File Conversion dialog pops out, just click OK to close the dialog.
3. Then enable the Excel workbook you want to import Word document data, click Data > From Text, and in Import Text File dialog, select the text file you want to import.
4. Check Delimited option, click Next.
5. In the step 2 of the wizard, check the delimiter you want to split the data based on, click Next.
6. In the last step of the wizard, you can specify the format of data, if you do not need to change the format, check General option.
7. Click Finish. Then the Import Data dialog pops out, you can choose one cell of the active worksheet to place the import text data, or check New worksheet option to import data in a new sheet. Click OK.
Then the Word document contents have been imported in Excel worksheet.
If you want to convert Word document data to Excel worksheet (convert data delimited based a separator in Word document to a table in Excel) as below screenshot shown, this method will be a good choice，but if you just want to import all Word document data including graphs to Excel worksheet, please go to method B.
quickly convert multiple XLSX. files to XLS or PDF. files in once time
|In many cases, you may want to convert between XLSX and XLS, or convert a workbook to PDF file, but in Excel, you only can convert one workbook once time, have you ever imaged to convert multiple workbooks at once time? With Kutools for Excel's File Format Converter, you can quickly convert multiple workbook to pdf/97-2003 workbook/2007 or higher workbook at once and save them in a folder, at the same time, a converted report is generated! Click for free full featured trial in 30 days!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
If you want to convert or import all data in Word document to Excel, you can use VBA code.
1. Press Alt + F11 key to enable Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module to create a new Module script, copy and paste below code to the script.
VBA code: Import Word To Excel
Sub ImportWord() 'UpdatebyExtendoffice20190530 Dim xObjDoc As Object Dim xWdApp As Object Dim xWdName As Variant Dim xWb As Workbook Dim xWs As Worksheet Dim xName As String Dim xPC, xRPP Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.DisplayAlerts = False xWdName = Application.GetOpenFilename("Word file(*.doc;*.docx) ,*.doc;*.docx", , "Kutools - Please select") If xWdName = False Then Exit Sub Application.ScreenUpdating = False Set xWb = Application.ActiveWorkbook Set xWs = xWb.Worksheets.Add Set xWdApp = CreateObject("Word.Application") xWdApp.ScreenUpdating = False xWdApp.DisplayAlerts = False Set xObjDoc = xWdApp.Documents.Open(Filename:=xWdName, ReadOnly:=True) xObjDoc.Activate xPC = xObjDoc.Paragraphs.Count Set xRPP = xObjDoc.Range(Start:=xObjDoc.Paragraphs(1).Range.Start, End:=xObjDoc.Paragraphs(xPC).Range.End) xRPP.Select On Error Resume Next xWdApp.Selection.Copy xName = xObjDoc.Name xName = Replace(xName, ":", "_") xName = Replace(xName, "\", "_") xName = Replace(xName, "/", "_") xName = Replace(xName, "?", "_") xName = Replace(xName, "*", "_") xName = Replace(xName, "[", "_") xName = Replace(xName, "]", "_") If Len(xName) > 31 Then xName = Left(xName, 31) End If xWs.Name = xName xWs.Range("A1").Select xWs.Paste xObjDoc.Close Set xObjDoc = Nothing xWdApp.DisplayAlerts = True xWdApp.ScreenUpdating = True xWdApp.Quit (wdDoNotSaveChanges) Application.DisplayAlerts = True Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Press F5 key to run the code, a Kutools – Please select dialog pops out for you to select one Word document to import (only can import one document once time).
4. Click Open, then the selected Word document will be imported as one new sheet. See screenshot:
Tip: The new sheet will be auto named with the name of imported Word.
If there are multiple graphs (pictures, charts, formulas), they may be overlapped by each other.
In reverse, sometimes, you may want to convert Excel workbooks to other file formats, such as PDF file. In this section, it introduces an advanced tool – Format Converter can help you batch convert Excel workbooks of one folder to separate PDF files.
Before applying this tool, please take minutes to free install Kutools for Excel firstly.
Kutools for Excel is a powerful and helpful Excel add-in, which contains 229 utilities (is still increasing) can handle 91% Excel puzzles.
1. Click Kutools Plus > Workbook > Format Converter.
2. In the File Format Converter dialog,
- Select the conversion operation as you need in Type drop-down list, such as Excel workbook to PDF;
- Click to add files or folders you want to convert.
- Select one destination to place the converted files.
3. Click Ok, a new workbook created to list the conversion result for you, and at the meanwhile, the files have been done conversion.
With the Format Converter tool, you can batch convert between Excel 97-2003 and Excel 2007 or higher versions also.
|Kutools for Excel: hundreds of advanced functions you must have in Excel, 30-day free trial from here.|
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agoHi there, what if you wanted to copy paragraphs after the table of contents in the word document instead of the entire document?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoبا سلام : مطلب نحوه تبدیل word به اکسل کمک خیلی زیادی به من کرد خیلی خیلی از مطالب مفیدتان ممنونم
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoSuper helpful, thank you!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoSoooo helpful! :)
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoThank you SO much! Your directions on turning a Word document into an Excel spreadsheet worked perfectly. You just save me hours of time!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agothankyou so much.....great relif!!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoThank you so much! that was very helpful and easy to follow.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoreally helpful.well explained.
thanks you :)
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoWorked great for me. Thanks!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoThank you very much. Well explained
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoVery good!.
I was able to convert with no issues.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoThis was wonderful. Made my job so much easier. Thank you :D
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoVery helpful steps & tips. Thanks :-)
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoTufial Ahmed Also Good And Fine