How to generate random Yes or No in Excel?
In some special cases, we may want to generate random Yes or No in a range in Excel, here I will tell you some formulas to quickly generate random Yes or No in Excel.
Insert Random Data （insert random integer, date, time, string or custom list in a range.）
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
|Never need to worry about long long formulas in Excel anymore! Kutools for Excel's Auto Text can add all formulas to a group
as auto text, and liberate your brain! Click here to know Auto Text Click here to get free trial
Please select a cell and type this formula =CHOOSE(RANDBETWEEN(1,2),"Yes","No") into it, and press Enter key. If you need, you can drag the fill handle to a range to fill the formula.
Note: You also can use this formula =IF(ISODD(INT(RAND()*(100-1)+1)),"Yes","No") to generate random Yes or No.
The above two formulas cannot work in Excel 2003 or below, I introduce another formula for you.
Select a cell and type this formula =IF(RAND()<=0.5,"Yes","No") into it, then press Enter key, if you need, drag the fill handle to a range.
Tip: this formula also can be used in Excel 2007/2010/2013.
With Kutools for Excel’s Insert Random Data function, you can generate random Yes or No as you need.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select a range you want to randomize Yes or No, and click Kutools > Insert > Insert Random Data. See screenshot:
2. In the Insert Random Data dialog, click Custom list tab, then click the add button, then in the popping Create Sequence dialog, type Yes,No into the text box. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok > Ok. Then the selected range has been filled with Yes or No randomly.
With Insert Random Data function of Kutools for Excel, you can generate random string, time, date and so on. Click here for more information.
Select Range Randomly(Sort Range Randomly can quickly select or sort data randomly in a range/column/row.)