How to generate random Yes or No in Excel?
In some special cases, we may want to generate random Yes or No in a range in Excel, here I will tell you some formulas to quickly generate random Yes or No in Excel.
Please select a cell and type this formula =CHOOSE(RANDBETWEEN(1,2),"Yes","No") into it, and press Enter key. If you need, you can drag the fill handle to a range to fill the formula.
Note: You also can use this formula =IF(ISODD(INT(RAND()*(100-1)+1)),"Yes","No") to generate random Yes or No.
The above two formulas cannot work in Excel 2003 or below, I introduce another formula for you.
Select a cell and type this formula =IF(RAND()<=0.5,"Yes","No") into it, then press Enter key, if you need, drag the fill handle to a range.
Tip: this formula also can be used in Excel 2007/2010/2013.
With Kutools for Excel’s Insert Random Data function, you can generate random Yes or No as you need.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select a range you want to randomize Yes or No, and click Kutools > Insert > Insert Random Data. See screenshot:
2. In the Insert Random Data dialog, click Custom list tab, then click the add button, then in the popping Create Sequence dialog, type Yes,No into the text box, click Ok. See screenshot:
3. Then the new custom list has been added to the Insert Random Data dialog, click Ok or Apply, then the selected range has been filled with Yes or No randomly.
With Insert Random Data function of Kutools for Excel, you can generate random string, time, date and so on. Click here for more information.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!