How to remove (temporarily hide) conditional formatting when printing in Excel?
As we know, after adding conditional formatting to a worksheet range, it will be showing in the printout while printing it. Although there is no direct function for removing conditional formatting when printing the worksheet, we can temporarily hide the conditional formatting in order to print without any conditional formatting in a specific range. With this tutorial, you will learn how to temporarily hide conditional formatting when printing in Excel with details.
For example, you have a range of data as below screenshot shown, all the values greater than 95 are highlighted with a format.
You can easily hide the conditional formatting as following method step by step.
1. Click to select a blank cell in current worksheet, type CondF_Show in the Name Box and press the Enter key. See screenshot:
2. Then click Data > Data Validation.
3. In the Data Validation dialog box, you need to:
Then a drop down list with value Yes and No is created.
3. Click Conditional Formatting > Manage Rules under Home tab.
4. In the Conditional Formatting Rules Manager dialog box, select This Worksheet in the Show formatting rule for drop down list, then select the rule you want to hide when printing and finally click the Edit Rule button.
5. In the Edit Formatting Rule dialog box, please do as follows.
6. When it returns to the Conditional Formatting Rules Manager dialog box, click the OK button.
From now on, when you select Yes in the drop down list, the conditional formatting will be displayed.
And when you select No in the drop-down list, the conditional formatting will be temporarily hidden. Please start printing.
- How to remove conditional formatting from blank cells in Excel?
- How to ignore blank or zero cells in conditional formatting in Excel?
- How to conditional format dates less than/greater than today in Excel?
- How to conditional format negative percentage in red in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!