- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 months agoHi Aamir.Ali002,
You can find out the cells which are formula cells and return blank with a formula. Says the first cell is H2, and apply this formula =IF(AND(E2=0,ISFORMULA(E2)=TRUE),1,0), and then drag the cell handle to copy this formula to other cells.
Then sum the formula cells to get the total number of cells which are formula cells and return blank.
How to not calculate (ignore formula) if cell is blank in Excel?
Let's say we have a roll of students with their birthdays in Excel, and we are required to calculate students' age. Normally we can apply the formula of =(TODAY()-B2)/365.25 to figure out the ages. However, we get ridiculous ages because some students' birthdays are not filled by accident. To prevent the errors, we have to not calculate or ignore the formula if cells are blank in Excel.
To ignore a formula or don't calculate if the specific cell is blank in Excel, we need to check the specific cell is blank or not with IF function, if it's not blank, we can go ahead to calculate with original formula.
=IF(Specific Cell<>"",Original Formula,"")
In our case discussed at the beginning, we need to enter =IF(B2<>"",(TODAY()-B2)/365.25,"") into Cell C2, and then drag the Fill Handle to the range you need.
Note: The B2 means Cell B2 filled with birthday, if the Cell B2 is blank it will ignore the formula and return blank, if the Cell B2 is filled with birthday, it will return the age.
Alternatively, we can also combine the IF function and original formula as =IF(Specific Cell="","","Original Formula"), and in our case the formula is shown as =IF(B2="","",(TODAY()-B2)/365.25).
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 months agoHow to calculate Non Empty cells that contains formula?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agoFinally worked out how to count a complex range of conditions over an extended period of time but only if the date of the events is not blank with this:
In other words, "count apples or oranges but not if column B (dates) is blank".
THANK YOU, it has been bugging me for weeks to get this so I can make a chart from a date in the past to infinity (so as not to have to keep adjusting the chart range each day as data is entered
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agohow about in months?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHi israelroy,
Would you describe your problems in detail? More information will help us understand your problem clear. Thank you!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agothank for share