How to calculate average between two dates in Excel?
In Excel, we can count, sum values between two given dates of a data range, to average numbers between two dates also can be solved by using some formulas. Here, I will talk about how to calculate average between two dates in Excel?
For example, I have the following data range, and now I need to average the numbers in column B between 11/01/2016 and 03/01/2017 of column A.
To get the average between two given dates, please apply the following array formula:
Enter this formula: =AVERAGE(IF((A2:A15>=E1)*(A2:A15<=E2),B2:B15)) into a specific blank cell, and then press Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys together to get the correct result, see screenshot:
1. Except the above array formula, here is also a normal formula:=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A15>=E1),--(A2:A15<=E2),B2:B15)/SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A15>=E1),--(A2:A15<=E2)), and then just press Enter key.
2. In the above formula, A2:A15 is the date range that you want to average numbers based on, B2:B15 is the data range that you want to calculate the average, E1 and E2 indicates the start date and end date you want to use.
If you have Kutools for Excel, with its Select Specific Cells feature, you can selecte the rows between two dates, and then copy them to other location, then apply the normal Average funtion to get the calculation.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1. Select the date column that you want to average between two dates, then click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells, see screenshot:
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog box, select Entire row from the Selection type section, and then choose Greater than or equal to and Less than or equal to conditions and type the specific date beside them separately, see screenshot:
3. Then the rows between two specific dates have been seleted, please copy and paste the rows into another sheet, and then apply =Average(B1:B6) formula to calculate the result, see screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)