How to use countif to calculate the percentage in Excel?
For example, I have a summary report of a research paper, and there are three options A, B, C, now I want to calculate the percentage of each theses three options. That is to say, I need to know the option A accounts for the percentage of all options. This article, I will talk about how to get the percentage of a specific option in a range.
The COUNTIF and COUNTA functions can be combined to get the percentage of a specific value in a range of data in Excel. Take the above data for example, you can quickly find the percentage of a specific option with following formula.
1. Enter this formula: =COUNTIF($B$2:$B$16,D2)/COUNTA($B$2:$B$16) into your specified cell, and press Enter key, and then you will get a decimal number as following screenshot shown:
2. Select this cell, and click Home > Percent Style to convert the decimal number to percentage.
3. And then drag the fill handle to the cells that you want to apply this formula, and the percentage of each option has been calculated as follows:
Note: In the above formula, B2:B16 is the data range that you want to use, and D2 is the criteria that you want to calculate its percentage.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!