How to freeze top and bottom row at once in Excel?
In Excel, we can easily freeze top row of a worksheet. Sometimes, there is a large worksheet has long list data, and we want to freeze both the top row and bottom row, so that we can view the top headers row and last row at the same. There is no direct way for us to solve this problem, fortunately, we can use some workaround ways to deal with this task.
Freeze both top and bottom row with viewing the data side by side
Normally, most of us may consider viewing the data in two different windows side by side. Please do as follows:
1. Open your workbook and activate the desired worksheet.
2. Then click View > New Window to open this worksheet in a new window, see screenshot:
3. And then click View > Arrange All, in the Arrange Windows dialog box, select Horizontal option under Arrange, see screenshots:
Tip: If there are multiple opened workbooks, you need to check Windows of active workbook option.
4. Then click OK, and now, you can see the two workbooks have been arranged horizontally, you can adjust the vertical height of both windows to your need, and scroll down to the bottom row in the below worksheet. See screenshot:
5. After freeze the bottom row, now, you need to freeze the top row in the above worksheet, please click one cell in the above window, and click View > Freeze Panes > Freeze Top Row, see screenshot:
6. And now, the top row has been frozen, you just need to scroll the top window, both top row and bottom row are be viewed at once.
Freeze both top and bottom row with creating a table
Excepting the above way, we can also freeze both top and bottom row by inserting a table, please do with following steps:
1. Select your needed data range, and click Insert > Table, in the Create Table dialog, check My table has headers option, see screenshots:
2. And a table has been created, click one cell within your data range, and scroll down, the table headers have been become the row label automatically, see screenshot:
3. Then you need to freeze the bottom row only, please select the entire bottom row, and click View > Split, see screenshot:
4. And now, you can view the top row and bottom row at the same.
Note: When you scroll the data, you must put the cursor at the data range.
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.