How to VLOOKUP with drop down list in Excel?
In Excel, VLOOKUP and drop down list are two useful functions. However, have you tried to VLOOKUP with drop down list? For example, you have a drop down list in a range, and when you select one kind of the fruits from the drop down list, the relative price will be shown in the adjacent cell as below screenshot shown. Now this tutorial will tell you VLOOKUP with drop down list.VLOOKUP with drop down list
VLOOKUP with drop down list
Actually, the VLOOKUP function also work when the look up value is in a drop down list.
For example, you have a range of data as below screenshot shown:
And then you create a drop down list based on above data. See below screenshot:
Now you want to use VLOOKUP to get the relative price of selected fruit.
1. Select a value from the drop down list, the type this formula =VLOOKUP(E2,$A$2:$B$6,2,FALSE) into a cell adjacent the drop down list. See screenshot:
2. Then click Enter key and the relative price is shown. See screenshot:
In the above formula, E2 is the lookup value in the drop down list, A2:B6 is the data range of the original data, 2 indicates this formula will return the values in the second column of original data.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!