To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.
How to extract data from chart or graph in Excel?
Extract data from chart with VBA
Navigation--AutoText (add usually used charts to AutoText pane.then one click to insert it when you need.)
Recommended Productivity Tools
1. You need to create a new worksheet and rename it as ChartData. See screenshot:
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance working efficiency and save working time.|
2. Then select the chart you want to extract data from and press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously, and a Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window pops.
3. Click Insert > Module, then paste below VBA code to the popping Module window.
VBA: Extract data from chart.
Sub GetChartValues() 'Updateby20150203 Dim xNum As Integer Dim xSeries As Object xCount = 2 xNum = UBound(Application.ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Values) Application.Worksheets("ChartData").Cells(1, 1) = "X Values" With Application.Worksheets("ChartData") .Range(.Cells(2, 1), _ .Cells(xNum + 1, 1)) = _ Application.Transpose(ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues) End With For Each xSeries In Application.ActiveChart.SeriesCollection Application.Worksheets("ChartData").Cells(1, xCount) = xSeries.Name With Application.Worksheets("ChartData") .Range(.Cells(2, xCount), _ .Cells(xNum + 1, xCount)) = _ Application.WorksheetFunction.Transpose(xSeries.Values) End With xCount = xCount + 1 Next End Sub
4. Then click Run button to run the VBA. See screenshot:
Then you can see the data is extracted to ChartData sheet.
Export Range as Graphic
|Kutools' Export Range as Graphic is aim to save or export a selection cells as multiple graphic formats.|
1. You can format the cells as you need.
2. The data of the selected chart is extracted to the first cell of the ChartData sheet in default.
|If you are interested in this addi-in, download the 60-days free trial.|
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 months agoThis doesn't appear to work for a scatter plot as it only extracts one set of "x" data. How can I amend it to extract all "x" data sets?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoI failed to get the prices of a fund chart on my mac excel 2011 . Run time error '91' object variable or block variable not set . Don't know how to debug . Appreciate any help .
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoVery useful and perfect
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agogives me values that i created chart with not all the values in range
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoAmazing command, thanks a lot!
I used it with a pivot chart and it works!