How to find first or last Friday of every month in Excel?
Normally Friday is the last work day in a month. How can you find the first or last Friday based on a given date in Excel? In this article, we will guide you through how to use two formulas for finding the first or last Friday of every month.
For example, there is a given date 1/1/2015 locates in cell A2 as below screenshot shown. If you want to find the first Friday of the month based on the given date, please do as follows.
1. Select a cell to display the result. Here we select the cell C2.
2. Copy and paste the below formula into it, then press the Enter key.
Then the date is displayed in cell C2, it means that the first Friday of January 2015 is the date 1/2/2015.
The given date 1/1/2015 locates in cell A2, for finding the last Friday of this month in Excel, please do as follows.
1. Select a cell, copy the below formula into it, and then press the Enter key to get the result.
Then the last Friday of January 2015 is displaying the cell B2.
Note: You can change A2 in the formula to the reference cell of your given date.
- How to find the lowest and highest 5 values in a list in Excel?
- How to find or check if a specific workbook is opened or not in Excel?
- How to find out if a cell is referenced in other cell in Excel?
- How to find closest date to today on a list in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!