How to find the lowest and highest 5 values in a list in Excel?
For a list of score in Excel, you may need to identify the highest and lowest 5 values in order to have a comparison among them. With this tutorial, you will learn how to find the lowest and highest 5 values in a list.
Find the highest 5 values in a list in Excel
Supposing the values are in range A2:A16, please do as follows for finding the highest 5 values step by step.
1. Select cell B2, copy and paste formula =LARGE(A$2:A$16,ROWS(B$2:B2)) into the formula bar, then press the Enter key. See screenshot:
2. Select cell B2, drag the fill handle down to cell B6, then the five highest values are showing.
Find the lowest 5 values in a list in Excel
After finding the highest five values, we will show you the formula of finding the lowest five values in a list as follows.
1. Select cell C2, copy and paste formula =SMALL(A$2:A$16,ROWS(C$2:C2)) into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key.See screenshot:
2. The same as above, now you need to drag the fill handle from cell C2 to cell C6 to get the five lowest values in the list.
Note: Change the cell range in the formula to the range of your list.
- How to find first or last Friday of every month in Excel?
- How to find or check if a specific workbook is opened or not in Excel?
- How to find out if a cell is referenced in other cell in Excel?
- How to find closest date to today on a list in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!