How to create a dynamic list without blank in Excel?
In some cases, you have a list of data with some blanks, and now you want to create a dynamic list based on these data without the blanks, and most of you may remove the blank one by one then create the dynamic list, but here I will tell you a quick way to solve this task in Excel.
1. Select a cell next to the original list and type this formula =IF(B2="","",MAX(A$1:A1)+1) into it, and then drag the autofill handle down to the range you need. Now you will see only the cells with data has a number next to. See screenshot:
In above formula, B2 is the first cell in the range that you will create a dynamic list by.
2. Then go to another column and type this formula =IFERROR(INDEX($B$2:$B$11,MATCH(ROW()-ROW($D$1),$A$2:$A$11,0)),"") into it, and then drag the autofill handle down until blank cells appears.
In the above formula, B2: B11 is the range of original data, and A2:A11 is the range that number the row in step 1.
3. Then select a cell or range you want to create the dynamic list without blanks, and click Data > Data Validation. See screenshot:
4. In the Data Validation dialog, select List from the Allow list, and type this formula =OFFSET(Sheet1!$C$1,1,0,MAX(Sheet1!$A:$A),1) into Source textbox. See screenshot:
1. In Excel 2007, users cannot use reference to other worksheets or workbook for Data Validation criteria. Therefore, you need to select a blank cell in current worksheet in Step 3, and enter the formula =OFFSET($C$1,1,0,MAX($A:$A),1) into Source text box in Step 4.
2. In the above formula, C1 is the first cell of the new list you made in step 2.
5. Click OK. Then you can see the dynamic list is created without blanks.
quickly select duplicate or unique values in an Excel range
|In Excel sheet, if you have a range which includes some duplicate rows, you may need to select them or outstanding them, but how can quickly solve this job？If you have Kutools for Excel, you can use the Select Duplicate & Unique Cells utility to quickly select the duplicate ones or unique values in the range, or fill background and font color for the duplicates and unique values. Click for 30 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|