How to extract all duplicates from a column in Excel?
If you have a column of product list, and some of them are duplicates, now you need to extract only duplicates from this list to other column, how can you solve? In general, you may find them one by one then type them manually. Now I will tell you some quick methods to extract duplicates from one column in Excel.
Here I introduce two formulas for you to extract duplicates.
Select a cell and type this formula =INDEX(A2:A11, MATCH(0, COUNTIF(C1:$C$1, A2:A11)+IF(COUNTIF(A2:A11, A2:A11)>1, 0, 1), 0)) into it, then press Shift + Ctrl + Enter keys. Then drag the fill handle down until #N/A appears.
Or you can use this formula =IFERROR(INDEX(A2:A11, MATCH(0, COUNTIF(C1:$C$1, A2:A11)+IF(COUNTIF(A2:A11, A2:A11)>1, 0, 1), 0)), ""), press Shift + Ctrl + Enter keys. Then drag the fill handle down until blank cell appears.
Note: In the above A2:A11 is the column range you want to extract duplicates from, and C1 is the first cell of the column where your formula is typed in.
Formulas may be difficult to remember to use, but if you have Kutools for Excel’s Select Duplicate & Unique Cells, you can quickly select the duplicate cells and then copy and paste them to another column.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the column list exclude the header if you have the header, click Kutools > Select > Select Duplicate & Unique Cells. See screenshot:
2. In Select Duplicate & Unique Cells dialog, check Duplicates (Except 1st one) or All duplicates (Including 1st one) as you need. Then click OK, a dialog pops out to tell you how many rows are selected. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. Press Ctrl + C to copy the duplicate values and select a cell and press Ctrl + V to paste them.
Tip: If you need, you can apply Data > Remove Duplicates function to remove the duplicates in the Duplicates column.
Compare two ranges and select and highlight the same or different values in Excel
|In Excel, if there are two tables in a sheet or two sheets needed to be compared, generally, you will compare one row by one manually. But if you have Kutools for Excel's Select Same & Different Cells utility, you can quickly find the same rows or different rows, and, also, you can highlight them with background color or font color as you need. Free trial for full-featured 30-days!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
Best Office Productivity Tools
Easy to Uninstall Completely | Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
(Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!