How to extract street number from address in Excel?
In many cases, you need to extract street number from address for some purpose. In this article, you will learn how to extract street number from address in Excel with details.
Supposing you have an address locates in cell A2, for extracting street number from the address cell in Excel, please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell beside the address cell.
2. There are three formulas you can use to extract street number from address. Please copy and paste one of the below formulas to the Formula Bar, then press the Enter key.
Formula 1: =IF(ISERROR(VALUE(LEFT(A2,1))),"",LEFT(A2,FIND(" ",A2)-1))
Formula 2. =IF(ISNUMBER(VALUE(LEFT(A2,1))),VALUE(LEFT(A2,FIND(" ",A2)-1)),"")
Formula 3. =LEFT(A2,FIND(" ",A2,1))
Then you will get the street number in the selected cell. See screenshot:
If there are list of addresses need to be extracted the street numbers from , just drag the Fill Handle down to the range you need.
Easily extract email domain from email address in Excel:
With Kutools for Excel's Extract Text utility, you can easily extract email domain from email address or extract text between two symbols from cells in Excel. See screenshot: Download and try it now! 30-day free trail
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!