How to separate whole number (integer) from decimal in Excel?
For a list of numbers which consist of whole number (integer) part and decimal part, you may need to separate them to different columns as below screenshot shown.
Separate whole number from decimal in Excel
To separate whole number from decimal in Excel, please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell such as B2, copy and paste formula =INT(A2) into the formula bar, and then press the Enter key.
2. When getting the whole number in selected cell, drag the Fill Handle down to the range you need to get all whole numbers from the referenced list. See screenshot:
After getting the whole number of the list, you can also get the decimal numbers.
3. Select cell C2, copy and paste formula =A2 - INT(A2) into the Formula Bar and press the Enter key.
4. Drag the Fill Handle down to the range you need to get all decimal of the list. See screenshot:
Then the whole numbers and decimal are separated from the list.
Separate whole number from decimal with Extract Text utility of Kutools for Excel
If you don’t want to remember the formulas, here we introduce the Extract Text utility of Kutools for Excel. With this utility, you can easily separate whole numbers from decimal in Excel.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the range with numbers you want to separate whole numbers from decimal, then click Kutools > Text > Extract Text. See screenshot:
2. In the Extract Text dialog box, type *. Into the Text box, click the Add button to add the rule to the Extract list, and finally click the OK button.
3. Then a dialog box pops up, select the cell for locating the separated whole numbers, and then click the OK button.
Now all whole numbers are separated from the decimals immediately. See screenshot:
If you want to have a free trial ( 30-day) of this utility, please click to download it, and then go to apply the operation according above steps.
Separate whole number from decimal with Kutools for Excel
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!