How to use drop down list in a protected worksheet in Excel?
Normally, no changes can be made in a protected worksheet while using Excel. If you still want to use the drop down list in a protected worksheet, you need to unlock these cells before protect the worksheet. In this article, we will show you how to select all cells with drop down list and unlock them at once to make it unable after protecting the worksheet.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
1. Firstly, you need select all cells with drop down list in the worksheet you need to protect. Please click Find & Select > Data Validation under Home tab.
2. Then all cells with drop down list are selected immediately in current worksheet. Right click on them and select Format Cells in the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
3. In the Format Cells dialog box, go to the Protection tab, uncheck Locked box, and then click the OK button.
Now all cells with drop down list in current worksheet are unlocked. And all of them can still be used after protecting the worksheet.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agohi ...i have a drop down list in a worksheet that includes dynaic charts and all cells except drop down list cell are locked.the contents of this cell can easily be deleted by cleared by use of botton of keyboard...Is there a way to solve this problem? thanks