How to vlookup in two dimensional table in Excel?
In Excel, we can use the VLOOKUP function to extract the corresponding value in the same row of a given data in the left-most column. But, sometimes, you need to vlookup to return the relative value based on both the row and column, that is to say, you need to return the data from two dimensional table. In fact, to solve this problem, you can apply the VLOOKUP and MATCH function. Please read this article to know more details.
Look for a value in a list:
With this formula of Kutools for Excel, you can quickly vlookup the exact value from a list without any formulas.
Let’s take the following sale report for example, I have a list of products and order columns, what I want to do is to find the correct value based on a product and order combination.
1. To get the sale order of KTO for the month of Feb in the above data shown, please enter this formula: =VLOOKUP(C10, $A$1:$H$7, MATCH(D10, $A$1:$H$1, 0), FALSE), and press Enter key to get the correct result, see screenshot:
Note: In the above formula:
- C10 is the column criteria that you want to get the corresponding value based on;
- A1:H7 is the data range you use;
- D10: is the row criteria you want to use;
- A1:H1 is the headers row which extracts the row criteria
2. And then drag the fill handle over to the cells you want to contain this formula, and you can see the relative values have been returned from this two dimensional table.