How to format chart axis to percentage in Excel?
Normally the number labels in chart axis are in general format in Excel. Sometimes, you may want to format the number labels and show them as percentages. Now I will show you the detailed method to format chart axis to percentage in Excel easily.
For example you have a data range as below screenshot shown, and after adding a chart in Excel, you can format a certain axis and change all axis labels to percentage easily as below:
1. Select the source data, and then create a chart with clicking the Insert Scatter (X, Y) and Bubble Chart (or Scatter) > Scatter with Smooth lines on the Insert tab.
2. In the new chart, right click the axis where you want to show labels as percentages, and select Format Axis from the right-clicking menu.
3. Do one of below processes based on your Microsoft Excel version:
(1) In Excel 2013's Format Axis pane, expand the Number group on the Axis Options tab, click the Category box and select Percentage from the drop down list, and then in the Decimal Places box type 0.
(2) In Excel 2007 and 2010's Format Axis dialog box, click Number in left bar, click to highlight the Percentage in the Category box, and then type 0 into the Decimal places box.
Excel 2013 and higher versions:
Excel 2007 and 2010:
4. Close the Format Axis pane or Format Axis dialog box. Then you will see all labels in selected axis are changed to percentages in the chart as below screen shot shown:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!