How to format chart axis to percentage in Excel?
Normally the number labels in chart axis are in general format in Excel. Sometimes, you may want to format the number labels and show them as percentages. Now I will show you the detailed method to format chart axis to percentage in Excel easily.
Format chart axis to percentage in Excel
Format chart axis to percentage in Excel
For example you have a data range as below screenshot shown, and after adding a chart in Excel, you can format a certain axis and change all axis labels to percentage easily as below:
1. Select the source data, and then create a chart with clicking the Insert Scatter (X, Y) and Bubble Chart (or Scatter) > Scatter with Smooth lines on the Insert tab.
2. In the new chart, right click the axis where you want to show labels as percentages, and select Format Axis from the right-clicking menu.
3. Do one of below processes based on your Microsoft Excel version:
(1) In Excel 2013's Format Axis pane, expand the Number group on the Axis Options tab, click the Category box and select Percentage from the drop down list, and then in the Decimal Places box type 0.
(2) In Excel 2007 and 2010's Format Axis dialog box, click Number in left bar, click to highlight the Percentage in the Category box, and then type 0 into the Decimal places box.
Excel 2013 and higher versions:
Excel 2007 and 2010:
4. Close the Format Axis pane or Format Axis dialog box. Then you will see all labels in selected axis are changed to percentages in the chart as below screen shot shown:
Demo: Format chart axis and labels to percentage in Excel
Kutools for Excel
includes more than 300 handy tools for Excel, free to try without limitation in 30 days. Download and Free Trial Now
Easily create a stacked column chart with percentage data labels and subtotal labels in Excel
It's easy to create a stacked column chart in Excel. However, it will be a little tedious to add percentage data labels for all data points and the subtotal labels for every set of series values. Here, with Kutools for Excel's Stacked Column Chart with Percentage feature, you can easily get it done in 10 seconds. Full Feature Free Trial 30-day!
Kutools for Excel - Includes more than 300 handy tools for Excel. Full feature free trial 30-day, no credit card required! Get It Now
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!