How to show or hide field buttons in pivot chart in Excel?
When creating a Pivot Chart in Excel, the Report Filter field buttons, Legend field buttons, Axis Field buttons, and Value Field buttons are added into the Pivot Chart automatically as below screen shot shown. As these buttons take space and make the global layout messy, some users may want to hide them. This article will show you the way to show or hide field buttons in a Pivot Chart in Excel easily.
To show or hide field buttons in pivot chart in Excel, please do as follows:
Step 1: Click the Pivot Chart that you want to hide/show field buttons to activate the PivotChart Tools in Ribbon.
Step 2: Under the Analyze tab, click the field Buttons to hide all field buttons from selected Pivot Chart.
(1) Click the field Buttons once again, all field buttons will be shown in selected Pivot Chart again.
(2) To hide/show a kind of field buttons, such as Axis Field buttons, click the arrow at the bottom-right corner of Field Buttons, and then uncheck/check the Axis Field Button from the drop down list.
Get back to the Pivot Chart, you will see all field buttons or specific kind of field buttons are hidden (or shown) from the Pivot Chart.
Note: In Excel 2007, field buttons are not added into Pivot Chart, and users can't add and show field buttons into Pivot Chart too.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!